Science Department Report SD 210317.12
Posted on Wed Mar 17th, 2021 @ 12:59pm by Commander Charles Gillespie VII
Splinter Faction And Assisting
Location: USS Independence
Timeline: before the explosion
REPLY TO ATTN OF: CSO
TO: CO, Senior Officers
SUBJECT: Science Dept Report
1. Analysis of system and inhabited planets has been completed and will be appended to Federation database entry for this system. Analysis attached for your review. Recommend it be shared with the crew.
2. CMO report on the inhabitants of Astra and Triangular is attached. This will also be appended to the Federation database entry. Recommend it be shared with the crew as well. I think this will be of interest to LTJG Lance and CPT Kim.
3. Sociological report is attached and will be appended to Federation database. This is included to provide a baseline of the Science Departments opinion of "normal." As we are looking for the out of the ordinary, we have to know what ordinary is.
4. I need to call out the analysis of the ionization field. We have been able to mitigate it to a certain degree. At present, sensors are 70% accurate. Science department is working with Engineering to improve performance.
5. From a command intelligence perspective, Science will continue to monitor the planets and forward "out of the ordinary" readings to Tactical and Marine Detachment.
6. Let me know if you have questions.
CHARLES A. GILLESPIE VII, CDR, SFAF
Chief Science Officer, USS INDEPENDENCE